Tess is awoken by her twin 6-year-olds. Charlotte tells her that Fletchers have return to Deerborne.
Looking out the window, she sees not only the coach holding the Fletcher family, but many over burdened wagons in the courtyard. After meeting them outside, Akiros and Alisha go for a walk while the others go inside.
Turning over a new leaf
- Carter tells Duke and Duchess that his mother has decided to remain in Restov.
- They have sold all properties and most of the family assets. The wagons they see in the courtyard contain all the fine silks, linens, and lace they have kept to continue the family’s well known garment working.
- Carter’s youngest sister, now 16, has decided to live with them.
- Kate requests that they are able to purchase the noble villa beside the castle so that they may be closer to the Duke and Duchess. Tess gives it to them.
- Kate’s holds all the gold from the sell of the Fletcher family’s assets. Charles takes it from her and he and Carter go down to the castle vaults to safely store the riches.
While the men are gone, Kate tells Tess she and Alisha bought Akiros plate armor, but can not give it to him without rumor and intrigue following it.
- Tess suggests that they hide this fact by offering it to Akiros as a gift from the Duke and Duchess. Kate agrees but there are obvious markings on the armor that show it was from Restov.
- They have the armor taken to the smithy, but he is unable to heat the metal to a point where he can work out the markings.
- Tess and Kate go to see Randolf to see if he is able to help the smithy. The women pry out of Randolf that he has slept with Lilly the night before. He is embarrassed and not willing to help. Kate asks Tess to turn away. When she does, Kate flashes her breasts to Randolf, catching him off guard to cast charm. Randolf goes and helps the smithy.
At dinner, the party discusses ideas for the festival set for Roda.
- Jousting, pie eating, milking, tree cutting, baking contest, axe throwing, horse racing, barrel racing, and an archery contest are suggested.
The wine that could.
- After dinner, the members move into the library, where the Duke presents the armor to Akiros.
- Talk of how to find people who could joust comes up. As of now, there is only Akiros and Charles (a long time ago) who have done such a thing. The party talks the reluctant Charles into agreeing to participate. Carter comes up with the idea that perhaps Dupree, now in Restov, could offend and goad some middle-talented men in that city to come and participate.
- After many failed fortitude checks verses the strong wine, talk become dangerously loose. Alisha and Akiros only sober.
- Kate blurts out that Randolf and Lilly have slept together. Alisha begins to laugh with her sister.
- Akiros and Alisha quickly find an excuse to leave the room and situation.
- History of Charles’ accidental pre-engagement rapture spell catching Kate in the range, then she having to flash Randolf to get him to help comes out.
- Carter, very drunk, says that it is not correct for 3 men having seen his wife’s breast. Charles tells Tess to flash her breasts at Carter to even ‘the score’. She does.
- The party essentially passes out in the library.